Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MusiC & VideoS: Kanye West Ft. Beyonce & Charlie Wilson - See Me .

Goddamn we've got a lot of land to cover. In trueKanye Westfashion, his new record "See Me Now", which he says didn't take the cut for his new album, leaves us with no dearth of discussion points. I'm going to get to sketch this mofo if I need to even start to maintain it straight: 1) Just minutes after premiering "See Me Now" on Hot97 with Angie Martinez Ye got tired of waiting and leakedthe second one of his upcoming "not titled 'Good Ass Job' album.

I'm certain the right folks at Def Jam aren't just happy, but props to Kanye for going direct to the people.From Kanye himself, this isn't a new one and won't be on the new album. It's an unreleased joint that didn't take the last cut. 2) Basically "See Me Now" is a musical orgy. In gain to production from Yeezy himself, the trail also featured boardwork from his mentorNo I.D.and he of the "B.M.F." beat,Lex Luger. Considering Lex' trademark is booming bass, I'd love to recognize what he contributed to this track. Maybe he just brought about great week to the studio and Kanye and I.D. were like, "F*ck it, let's throw him a production credit." 3) Three producers? Why not two singers? As if bringing inBeyonceon the bridge wasn't enough (it's always unknown to see Queen B sing about "my niggas" getting out of jail), frequent Snoop collaboratorUncle Charlie Wilsonalso jumps in on the hook. 4) Rhyme wise, this frankly isn't Kanye's best work. I don't wish him as often when he's on his fashion/swag tip, but he can even do it best than almost anyone else. I don't know if there's one truly memorable line on here. "My first view was a Fossil, now I'm in the Louvre, looking for fossils"? Pretty predictable. I'd say his ad-libs on the end are really much more entertaining. 5) Ultimately though, this is a blaze of a track. Like the"Power" video, Kanye continues to drop tracks unlike anything we've seen/heard before, probably because he's inherently a delusional, egoistical maniac (as Kweli explained inthis dope interview). But it's those delusions of brilliance that have ironically made him so great. Call it the Kanye paradox.

No comments:

Post a Comment