Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TransGriot: Beyonce, If The Feminists Don't Wish You, We Womanists Do

Beyonce, If The Feminists Don't Wish You, We Womanists Do
"I believe I am a feminist, in a way. It's not something I consciously decided I was release to be; perhaps it's because I grew up in a singing group with other women, and that was so helpful to me." "It kept me out of so much difficulty and out of bad relationships.

My friendships with my girls are only so often a division of me that there are things I am never going to do that would upset that bond. I never need to sell that friendship, because I love being a charwoman and I enjoy being a champion to other women." Beyonce, Daily Mail UK magazine, August 14, 2010While the feminist blogosphere was harrumphing and twist itself into philosophical and academic argument knots trying to 'show' why Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter wasn't one of then, feminists were once again demonstrating for the all earth to see why women of color left the motion behind decades ago.Once again, they have displayed their utter cluelessness in not seizing an opportunity to take the sorely needed fresh blood and perspectives of young women of color into their movement. So to my sistah Houstonian, I bear a proposal for you.Since it's obvious that the feminists don't need you in their ranks, we womanists would care to humbly extend an invitation for you to believe yourself one of us.We would be proud to give you in our ranks since it is inclusive of ALL women, including this chocolate trans one.As you see out what our founding mother Alice Walker has written on the subject, you will observe that womanism fits where you are in your feminine journey.It is inclusive, welcoming and has a better access to race, class and other intersectional issues that affect women of color.It is light years better when it comes to trans issues moreso than a move that spent much bandwith trying to do up with excuse after excuse why you weren't part of it. Beyonce, let's get material for a moment. Would you wish to be partly of a trend that Sarah Palin claims membership in and spends more time criticizing the FLOTUS than it does defending her and other women of colour from right wing attacks? We womanists are keenly aware of the fact that you get carried yourself with family and dignity while having an intensely bright glare of media attention on you.If they had bothered to check into your background, they would live like I do that you and your sister Solange grew up watching your mother Tina run a highly successful business that put you in early link with many power sisters in H-town.We experience that young tween and teen sisters look up to you as a role model, and the moment you expressed the words 'I'm a womanist', would place them scurrying off to Google to tone up the word.Beyonce, we'd love to and would be esteemed to sustain you see yourself a womanist. Feminists have made it make in some quarters they don't wish you, and that's their short and short sighted loss

No comments:

Post a Comment