Friday, February 11, 2011

Afternoon Frosting: Exclusively Matisse.

I had the delight of conducting an exclusive interview with the rough and fabulous musical artist, Matisse, just a few little minutes ago, andwhile some of us may not be all too familiar with her yet, she is surely making a really big picture in the manufacture and quickly climbing those charts (literally! Her explosively popular new single Better Than Herfeaturing Akon hit #1 on the Billboard Top 100 not too long ago).

Often innocently mistaken for Paris Hilton, Matisselooks even more like her identical twin sister, Alex, who once upon a time, completed their dynamic singing duo.

Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 1.30.17 PM Afternoon Frosting: Exclusively Matisse.
{ left picture: it's Brit on the left! right picture:Brit's the platinum blonde! }
Matisse! Formerly known as Brit, from Brit & Alex, and one of the two original faces of John Frieda. I remember flipping through the pages of Seventeen Magazine and Teen People years ago, to pictures of you and your sister.
Yeah! Those ads and tv commercials actually were our feet-in-the-door to the music business. Our jingle would bring in the setting of the commercial, which prompted a whole bunch of writers, producers and labels to get in contact with us. We were interested, but we didn't wish anyone else to capitalise on our music. it had to be all us. So we moved to Atlanta from London, and sign with LA-based record label, Interscope Records. There came a place in the stake where Alex just didn't wish to do it anymore, but I wasn't set to quit. I absolutely loved every minute of everything.
So let's name cast a little. Who give you worked with (besides Akon, of course)?
So many amazing people, includingTricky Stewart who worked on Beyonce's Single Ladies, and Dallas Austin, who produced records with Gwen Stefani, TLC and Michael Jackson.
Matisse. Is that short for Brit? LOL.
Haha, well I couldn't be Brit, there's already Britney Spears, and I wanted an edgy alter ego. Andre Matisse is one of my favorite painters, and his is a vivid story. He'd refuse to conform, and never compromised his personal style, while other painters around him thrived. He ever remained true to himself and piece it took him a little longer than many, he eventually prevailed. I suppose it's an inspiring mentality, and I believed I'd be capable to own the name Matisse.
You make a few new songs out! How would you identify your spirit? And when is that album dropping? We can't wait.
My way is definitely dance-pop, but my single, Better Than Her brings in a little rockier edge. My next one is called Sexy Baby and it's a pair between me and Ryan Tedder, from One Republic. There's no set date for my album release, but I'm hoping to put it out inside the following six months or so. We'll see!
I'm obsessed with Better Than Her. It's fun and catchy, and I hear to it whether I'm cruising about in my car or pre-gaming (and I know firsthand a few guys that do the same!). What's the song actually about? Any particular inspiration?
Not personally, but I treasured it to be a girl's anthem of sorts. It's form of open-ended, to be interpreted how you take to see it, but essentially it sends the message: You know what's better for this particular guy than she does.Just a fun, empowering dance number.
You are so hot! Beauty regimen and favorite beauty products (so we can add them to our e-cart).
Is it weird that I just wear MyFace Cosmetics? I'm not certain if you know, but you can simply buy them online, and I know the BlingBar products. I also never forget my household without black eyeliner, and yes, I'm a big fan of MyFace's eyeliner. (then I informed Matisse that we're doing a BlingTone giveaway!)
Afternoon Frosting readers LOVE reading about relationships (and I get inside information that you throw great advice!), so here's the scenario: A girl's been involved with a guy who just doesn't require a girlfriend right now. She loves him and doesn't wish to open up on their relationship, but he just isn't interested in settling down right now. What part of advice do you give her?
You can't squeeze a guy to do anything,it's simply not appealing.Walk away. A guy who cares is constantly threatened by the idea of losing you, so that's how you get him to be serious. Keep yourself lighthearted. If you can get round and save it easy and fun, that's great, but never try to pin him down. In my experience, or from what I've seen my friends go through, it just never works. Show him that you're not thatcrazy about him, and perhaps he'll turn around.
Your boyfriend cheats on you. I'm talking cheats.Does he get a 2nd chance, or is he automatically kicked to the curb?
He is kicked to the curb!
Valentine's Weekend! How are you spending it?
I'm en route to Philly right now for a show, so I'll be there until tomorrow, and I'm flying out to LA to work, so I'll be in the studio. Romantic, I know!
Okay, one last thing that people don't know about you, but may find interesting?
{Matisse totally confronts her twin, Alex, on this one}Well, one weird fact is that I'm 25 years old and I don't get my license. People always run to see that one strange, LOL.
{ you can grabMatisse's music for yourself right on iTunes!}
Screen shot 2011-02-11 at 1.33.56 PM Afternoon Frosting: Exclusively Matisse.
matisse2 Afternoon Frosting: Exclusively Matisse.
{ and you can find Matisse all over the Internet, including on twitter and facebook! }

No comments:

Post a Comment